Who to Notify Following the Death of a Loved One

Death Certificate

Peter Murray Funerals will register the death with Births, Deaths and Marriages, following the funeral or cremation.  The official Death Certificate will be sent directly to you via Australia Post.  The Death Certificate is required for most government departments, solicitors, banks and insurances. Once the death certificate is received, it is recommended that several certified copies are made for use with the various departments.


If your loved one was receiving a pension from either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) it is possible that you are entitled to a one-off bereavement payment.  Peter Murray Funerals has forms for DVA claims.

Please contact Centrelink direct for eligibility criteria of bereavement payments.

  • Solicitor
  • Banks
  • Electricity and Gas – change account details or disconnection
  • Telephone / Internet Provider
  • Medicare / Private Health Fund
  • Post Office – redirection of mail for the deceased
  • Financial Planner
  • Insurances – House, Contents, Car or Personal
  • Sporting Clubs
  • Finance Company – if making repayments
  • Local Shire Council – change of rate notice
  • Water Board – change of rate notices
  • Taxation Department – Final Lodgement
  • Vic Roads – Driver’s Licence and/or Registrations
  • Superannuation Fund
  • Accountant
  • Centrelink
  • GP or Medical Clinic
  • Pharmacy
  • Newsagency – if papers being delivered

Created and designed by Pixelsparadise.com
With help of Foundation Framework by ZURB and Flexslider by Madebymufffin

Joomla! ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters
Pixelsparadise.com is not affiliated with by Open Source Matters or the Joomla! Project.